I know it's definitely the norm for infants to be held in an adult's lap, but I just couldn't stop worrying. My Mom had given me this article from the NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/travel/28pracsafetyseats.html?_r=2). So I decided it was best for Breanna to have her car seat available on the plane. Luckily, the seat across the aisle on both legs of the trip were open. Breanna and I will sit on the one side and Mike will sit across the aisle from us.
Chances are the flight will be fine and nothing out of the norm, but I know I would never be able to live with myself if that 'something' happened and could have been prevented if she was in a car seat. Plus, it didn't cost us anything. I used my US Airways miles for all of our tickets, so we'll just have to pay baggage fees.
We're super excited for our first family vacation. Mike will be snowboarding during the days. Breanna and I will be do other activities during the day and then we'll spend the evenings together. I didn't go snowboarding last year in CO either, because I was already pregnant. Chances are I won't be back on a board until Breanna is learning. We're looking forward to that day.
| Breanna loves her jumperoo |
| Not so thrilled at her first time eating bananas |
| I will eat it anyway, though. |
No comments:
Post a Comment