Friday, May 6, 2011

Cloth Diapering

May 6, 2011

I must admit...I am loving this pattern on the cloth diaper.  I just had to upload multiple pictures of it.  Cloth diapering, you have won.  I'm addicted.  Next month I plan on buying another 6 diapers.  I have 12 right now.  I'm only cloth diaper part time, which is working out great for me.

Check out that baby chub!  I love you so much, Breanna.



Playing around with the remote.  Believe it or not, she has changed the channel several times already.

It kind of looks like Breanna has a "load" in her diaper.  Actually, it is double stuffed since she's about to go to bed.  The size of her bottom cracks me up when she's in cloth diapers.

May 5, 2011

Just a typical day after work.  Breanna and I are playing with some blocks.

This is the "What Mommy?" look Breanna gives me.

Um yeah - Not sure what she was doing here.  But it made me laugh.

Check out that fluffy butt, while she's eating her foot.

May 4, 2011

Mommy received more "fluff" in the mail, today.  Fluff is another term for cloth diapers.  Here Breanna is helping me open the packages so I can wash the new diapers.



May 3, 2011

A typical Tuesday.  Breanna and I went to My Gym.  She loves it when they put the airplane swing on the zip-line.  Her big smile shows how much fun she has there.



The ball pit is another one of her favorites.  She likes to clap the balls together.  Here we were playing peek-a-boo.  I was hiding behind the wall of the ball pit.

Yeah, she started pulling apart the new blanket.  The blanket fools all the kids.  They think they can pick up the toys, but they can't since the toys are attached.  So Breanna found another way to destroy it.  I swear she has shorts on!  It was her first day in shorts, but you can't really tell.

That turtle pool with the balls in it....I want to find one used for the house.  Stupid Little Tykes changed the turtle pool so it has less room in the center, so I've been stalking CraigsList for an older one as pictured.

May 2, 2011

I left work early today, because I was *sick*.  Breanna and I went to Panera for lunch; she loves eating little pieces of the whole wheat bread.  We then went home and spend the afternoon together.

At night, she did her first couple of steps (assisted, of course).  She was holding to her sit n' walk toy.  I wasn't able to get a picture of her doing.  After 5 steps, she was tired and just wanted to sit down.  I'll have to catch her assisted steps on camera!

No, she's still not crawling.  I'm almost certain she'll skip crawling.



May 1, 2011

Day 1 of clothing diapering.



I think she loves her new cloth diapers!


I purchased three Bum Genius cloth diapers from Amazon while I was away for work.  I had to buy different detergent to wash them in, than what I currently use on clothing.  Since I didn't want to order anything too special or expensive, I went with Tide Original powder detergent.  Yesterday, I washed them just once, since it was the first use.

Today was the day Breanna wore the cloth diapers.  I did notice she didn't fight me as much during the diaper changes.  I'm not sure if that's due to the cloth diapers or just a coincidence. 

I made my first 'mistake' on day 1 of cloth diapering.  I had put her in a cloth diaper around 7am, and then we went to church.  When we got back home around 10am, Breanna was fast asleep.  I wasn't really thinking, and I put her in her crib for a nap.  Two hours later she got up, and her whole front was went (she sleeps on her belly).  Oops!  I did the math and realized I left her in the diaper too long.  Normally with disposable diapers, I change her diaper every 3-4 hours when it's just wet.  But the disposables can stretch to 8+ hours for when she's sleeping through the night without leaking.  However, I only had the one large insert in the cloth diaper, I believe during the over night I will stuff the large and small insert inside for added absorption.

I was really surprised how much I liked the cloth diapers.  Breanna seemed to like them, too.  Of course the 3 only lasted me about half of the day, but it was a good experiment.  I am looking forward to having more to work with.  I was also surprised how easy the poop stain came out in the wash.  No scrubbing required!  I just followed the instructions on the tag for washing.

Overall, I'd say it was a success.  Tomorrow while I'm at work, I'll order some more.  I plan on doing cloth diaper part time.  The weeks I travel, Breanna will wear disposables.  She'll also wear disposables when she goes to daycare two days per week.  So here at home and the weekends, Breanna will wear cloth diapers.

Besides that it was just the usual Sunday.  Breanna and I went to church with my Mom.  Afterwards, Breanna, Mike, and I went to my parents' for lunch.

2 comments:

  1. ::Happy Dance:: LOVING the cloth pics of Breanna, so cute! Marissa has that print as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying CDing. She looks so cute with her fluffy butt.

    ReplyDelete