Saturday, March 12, 2011

Flyers Wives Carnival & Vacation in Colorado

March 9, 2011

Vacation is over.  The time went by too fast.  But I am glad we're heading home because I think Breanna has an ear infection.  She keeps grabbing her right ear.  We have a pediatrician appointment this afternoon after we land.

I am still amazed how well she did on the flight home (especially since I'm pretty sure she has an ear infection).  She truly is an angel child.  Everyone kept telling us how they barely ever heard her during the flight.  I'm sure some people we hoping she wouldn't scream the whole way home.  I remember thinking that when I saw babies on flights (before I had Breanna).

Sure enough...Breanna does have an ear infection.  She's on antibiotics for 10 days.  My poor baby.  I feel so bad for her. 
Chewing on Sophie during the take off.
Back at home.
I love these socks!



March 8, 2011

Breanna is 7 months old!  Happy Birthday!

Wow...I cannot believe she's 7 months old.  I feel so bad because she's fighting a cold and a fever.  I had to give her medicine to keep her fever below 101 degrees.  I can't believe it.  Breanna had her first fever on our vacation.  Luckily, the on-call doctor was supportive.  I must have talked to him 3 times today.  Yes - I am that Mom.

Breanna was such a good sport for being sick.  I felt bad taking her out to eat but we didn't have much of a choice.  Luckily, she was okay just being held in our arms.
Mom, stop taking my picture.  I want to nap!
Her smiles melt my heart.
Happy 7 Months Breanan!
Check out those cute shoes.
Who needs toys when I can play with Mommy's bag.
Dad, I want a bag just like this!




March 7, 2011

Mike went snowboarding today.  But we met up for lunch at the Irish Pub restaurant.  Their food is so good!

Breanna and I went to this childrens' museum, which was more like a large play area (in my opinion).  Breanna loved it there.  We had so much fun together.  Mike also joined us there later in the day.
Hanging out at the Irish Pub.
What a cute family.
These shaker eggs are great.
Mommy and Breanna playing at the museum.
Dad, check out all of these toys.
Dad showing Breanna how to shake the noise maker.
Daddy and Breanna in the Bear Cave (they were teddy bears in the cave).





March 6, 2011

Today the three of us drive about 1.5 hours back to Golden, CO, which is about 15 minutes from Denver.  They have this great walking trail.  The weather was fabulous, too.

However, the drive home stink.  There was a major tractor trailer spill on the main highway back up the mountain, which closed the highway in both directions for hours.  So we had to take a long detour.  What should have only taken us 1.5 hours to get back to our hotel, it took us 4 hours to get back!  Breanna was so good.  She napped peacefully in her car seat while Mike and I alternated driving in the snow.
Nap time on the go.
I love this hat.




March 5, 2011

Mike took the day off from snowboarding, today.  So the three of us went snowshoeing!  It was so much fun and much easier than I expected.  Mike wore Breanna in a backpack that my Aunt gave me.  It was prefect.  Breanna loved looking at all the trees and looking over Mike's shoulder.  The sunglasses are a must with the bright sun and the sun reflecting off the snow.
Daddy and Breanna snowshoeing on the mountain.
Back view.
The Family.
Mom, please get me out of this backpack.  I'm tired of people laughing at me.
Mommy and Breanna
I will keep pulling off my socks.




March 4, 2011

Today was day #2 in Colorado.  Breanna and I just chilled for most of the day.  In the afternoon, Mike, Breanna and I went back to the pool.  I love just not having to be anywhere at a certain time.  I also loved just playing with Breanna all day.
Playing with the new toys that Dad bought me.
These musical toys are fabulous.
This onesie was stenciled by Joan (who passed away last month).



March 3, 2011
Our first full day in Breckenridge.  Mike went snowboarding.  Breanna and I slept in until 9.  We took walks, stopped at Starbucks, etc.  A bunch of nothing but we had a great time.

I will admit that last night was tough.  I don't know if it's the high altitude or Breanna'a sleep pattern is changing, but she woke up every 2 hours!  Ugh.  Mike and I are so tired.  The word vacation has definitely changed a lot since Breanna was born.  We expected it, but it doesn't mean I'm any less tired.  Vacation is no longer an opportunity to catch-up on sleep.

Daddy and Breanna in the pool.
Mommy and Breanna in the pool.

 
March 2, 2011
Today is our first day on our first family vacation!  I was nervous taking Breanna on the plane.  I had no idea how she would handle it.  She did fabulous!  She had not problems with the ascent or descent of the plane trip.  She only cried for about a total of 10 minutes for our 4+ hours flight.  She slept about half of the flight, which I loved.  I too got to nap a bit and then did some fun reading.

We spent the day in Denver to break up the amount of time Breanna would be stuck in a car/plane.  We had a nice time until we started our hour and a half drive to the mountains.  She just was not having the car seat.  She cried for a good 15 minutes.  I felt so bad for her, but it was late and we needed to get to our hotel.  I knew she was clean and fed.  Luckily, she fell asleep.

Playing on the flight to Colorado.
Dad is taking a nap.
Breanna is taking a nap.
Daddy and Breanna playing.
Mommy and Breanna flying in style.
All of our stuff for vacation.  Poor Dad has to carry most of it.
More stuff to carry.



March 1, 2011
It's a busy day before we leave for vacation.  I can't wait to be in Breckenridge, CO!!!  It will be late night tonight and an early morning tomorrow for Mike and I.





February 28, 2011
The last day of February.  Wow.  Where has the time gone?  I cannot believe Breanna is almost 7 months old, already!  Today, Lorraine said that Breanna was really fussy.  She was the same yesterday, too.  I keep saying that she's teething but yet she doesn't have any teeth.  However, my Mommy Necklace arrived!  I'm so glad it came in time before our vacation.  Breanna loves it.  Although, I feel like I kept getting hit with the necklace while Breanna was playing with it.  It kept her happy and occupied.  Mike even wore the necklace while I did some chores to keep her happy!  I wanted to a get a picture, but I know he wouldn't let me.  She was even playing with it while she was in her jumperoo.  Definitely a great purchase, I must admit.  I'll probably buy another one in a couple weeks.




February 27, 2011
We went to the Flyers Wives' Charity Carnival

Mommy and Breanna


Family photo with Claude Giroux (I was looking at the wrong camera, oh well)

1 comment:

  1. Boo for ear infections! Looks like you had fun on your vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete